Saturday, 22 October 2016

Ft-17 Light tank

Some scratch upgrades on the base and finish:




P-51D Mustang, Tamiya 1/48

Lifecolor Dark blue for the nose, Alclad metalizers and base:






 Elf 2mm lenses for the mirrors:



Friday, 17 June 2016

P-51D Mustang, 1/48 Tamiya

Another project, this time a famous WW2 plane-the P-51D Mustang.
I choose the markings of capt. D.S. Bryan from the famous "B-s of Bodney" airgroup. The decal sheet is from Eagle scale-very comprehensive and with high quality.




Starting with the landing gear-I have made some changes, namely the scissors on the main carriage. They're made from old PE frets, the oleos are from RB model 0.25mm cable.








Some improvements on the cockpit:






Gunsight:




Primed with Mr. Finishing Surfacer black:







Sherman El Alamein, 1/35 Dragon-Figures and Stowage

Figures from Masterbox are very good. I painted them with Vallejo Model color. Some additional storage on the Sherman-boxes, tarps etc. The big tarp is made from rolled Milliput, then carefully applied on the rear storage.




 Camo net is from rolled bandage, painted with sand colors:












Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Sherman El Alamein, 1/35 Dragon-Base

Hello!

After a long delay, I'm going to finish this project :)

I've decided to make a simple desert base, using picture frame, isolation foam, some wood laths for the sides, DAS modelling clay,  rocks etc.

Starting with the picture frame-it's simple, you have to glue the back to the frame with white glue and remove the glass. Then filling the main space with isolation foam and adding wood frame to the sides. My foam wasn't thick enough, so I filled the top with cork sheet. Some slight rising on the terrain are added.



 Next  I  made the terrain using modelling clay. It's easy to work with, only thin layers are needed.


Adding some various sized rocks, some sand etc., and printing the tracks.



 The base is primed with Vallejo polyurethane primer.



 Sides are primed with black.


 I mixed several light colors for the sandy color of the terrain.



 Brush painting of the rocks.

 
Adding a thin wash and placing some dry tufts of grass randomly.

Drybrush with light colors.




 Overall airbrushing with Africa dust effects, not too heavy, and pigments here and there.






Thursday, 18 December 2014

Sd.kfz 263 Panzerfunkwagen 1/35

Very interesting vehicle from AFV Club. My intention here is to try the new washable colors from AMMO for Sand and Dust.
Construction is straightforward, only the suspension and aerial assembly is tricky and needs attention.
Base color is AK Dunkelgrau with some modulation, decals applied, only the crosses are sprayed with templates. The washable sand is nice paint, initially after spraying it will be washed easily, but when dried is harder to remove. Here's the result: